- Pick up and wash laundry. Laundry that’s piled up on the floor can start to take on a musty odor, and this can make the entire room smell.
- Wash the bedding.
- Clean drains.
- Clean the toilets.
- Remove mold from hard surfaces.
- Vacuum floors and upholstery.
- Take out the garbage.
- Clean the garbage can.
How can I freshen up my room naturally?
How to Make Your Home Smell Good
- 1. Make a stove simmer.
- 2. Make your own scent-filled jars.
- Clean your garbage disposal.
- Place candles strategically.
- Bring the outside in.
- Soup up your air vents.
- Turn on the oven.
- Use dryer sheets outside the laundry room.
How do I get rid of a bad smell in my room?
- Clean your home thoroughly using a strong cleaning solution and cleaning rags.
- Air out each room by opening the windows.
- Pull odors out of the carpet and furniture by sprinkling baking soda onto fabric surfaces.
- Fill 2 to 4 shallow bowls with fresh coffee grounds, depending on the size of the room.
How can I make my room smell good DIY?
Homemade room and furniture deodorizing spray. Simmer pot air freshener.
Tip #1: Homemade Room and Furniture Deodorizing Spray
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda.
- 2-3 drops essential oil – I like lavender, lemon, orange, cinnamon, or peppermint. Use a scent you like or mix and match to create your own personal scent.
- Distilled water.
How do you get rid of a musty smell in a room?
The more you can get the air moving in your home, the better. Ventilation will help remove the musty smell from your house and make your home less attractive to mold and mildew. To get the last of the musty smell out of your house, use a natural odor absorber like activated charcoal or baking soda.