Here are her top 10 tips for being an interior designer.
- Start young and see what excites you.
- Practise your maths, it’s not all choosing lovely curtains.
- Consider an internship.
- Don’t blow the budget.
- Take your time with colour and lighting.
- Be empathetic and think about how a room makes you feel.
How do interior designers make money?
Interior Designer Salary: How to Make More Money as a Designer. According to the United States Department of Labor, the average interior designer salary is $49,810 per year, which comes up to roughly $24 per hour.
Is it hard to become an interior designer?
Just because designers are educated and have good taste does not make their choices superior to their clients. The field may be competitive, but with a little hard work and a stellar portfolio, you can become a successful interior designer.
How do I become a successful freelance interior designer?
How to Market Yourself as a Freelance Interior Designer
- Develop relationships with influencers. Word of mouth recommendations spread through social media faster than wildfire.
- Post regularly to a blog.
- Use Houzz.
- Find a mentor.
- Always try to get referrals.
- Establish store partnerships.
- Commercial projects.
- Get your social media spot-on.
Is interior designing a good career option?
Thus it is a good career for creative and accommodative people. One can teach, practice in a firm or be self-employed in this profession. The job requires a good mix of both technical knowledge and originality. Overall, this is a very good career option for those who want to make their living in design.