How do you start decluttering?
18 Five-Minute Decluttering Tips to Start Conquering Your Mess
- Designate a spot for incoming papers. Papers often account for a lot of our clutter.
- Start clearing a starting zone.
- Clear off a counter.
- Pick a shelf.
- Schedule a decluttering weekend.
- Pick up 5 things, and find places for them.
- Spend a few minutes visualizing the room.
- Create a “maybe” box.
How do I start minimalism?
How to become a minimalist
- Set your rules for minimalism. Minimalism is different for everyone.
- Start with a clean slate. As much as we all hate to admit it, there are some items in our homes that are just junk.
- Use it or lose it.
- Organize items by category.
- Ask yourself the hard questions.
- Minimize space.
- Bring in less.
How do I declutter my home like a minimalist?
If you’re ready to organize a minimalist home, check out the tips below for decluttering your home and keeping things simple!
- Declutter One Room at a Time.
- Designate an Outbox.
- Remember Everything Needs a Home.
- Get Rid of Plastic Bags.
- Arrange a Drop Zone.
- Organize the Playroom.
- Clean Out the Bathroom.
- Reduce Your Pantry.
How do I become a minimalist lifestyle?
9 Simple Ways to Start Living a More Minimal Lifestyle
- Give yourself a clear, personal goal (and a timeline)
- Decide how your home can help you live a more minimalist lifestyle.
- Train yourself to live with less.
- Ask yourself “do I really need this?”
- Be a re-user.
- Invest in high-quality items.