- What are the examples of household services?
- What is the difference between housekeeping and household services?
- What is the importance of household services?
- What are the tools and equipment used in household services?
- What are the common household materials?
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a household worker?
- What are two types of housekeeping?
- What are household responsibilities?
- What are the areas of housekeeping?
- What is household services all about?
- Is a house a good or service?
- Why do people consume goods and services?
- What are the different personal protective equipment used in household services?
- What are the cleaning materials and their uses?
- What are the competencies of household services?
- What is the most dangerous household item?
- What is a common household base?
- What is a good household disinfectant?
- What are the 10 desirable traits of a household worker?
- What is household service worker?
- What is the most ethical responsibility of a household worker?
Household services refer to such activities as doing dishes, cleaning a house, child rearing activities, maintaining lawns, making repairs to household appliances and so forth .
What are the examples of household services?
Household services refers to the everyday tasks that most of us do around our homes: cooking, cleaning, ironing, laundry, taking out the trash, lawn maintenance, and landscaping are just some examples of household services.
What is the difference between housekeeping and household services?
As nouns the difference between household and housekeeping
is that household is collectively, all the persons who live in a given house; a family including attendants, servants etc; a domestic or family establishment while housekeeping is the chores of maintaining a house as a residence, especially cleaning.
What is the importance of household services?
Kids who do chores learn responsibility and gain important life skills that will serve them well throughout their lives. Kids feel competent when they do their chores. Whether they’re making their bed or they’re sweeping the floor, helping out around the house gives them a sense of accomplishment.
What are the tools and equipment used in household services?
Terms in this set (18)
- Broom. A cleaning implement for seeing made of bundle of straws or twigs attached to a long handle.
- Dustpan. A cleaning tool commonly used to scoop the dirt and wastes on the floor.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Water Hoses.
What are the common household materials?
Common Household Items That Can be Used For Cleaning
- White Vinegar. White vinegar will clean everything.
- Baking Soda. Baking soda’s claim-to-fame is its power to freshen and clean many spots in your home.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. Hydrogen Peroxide is a great disinfectant that can be used like bleach because it kills bacteria, mold, and salmonella.
- Citrus Fruit.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a household worker?
Job Description for Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners : Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
What are two types of housekeeping?
Institutional housekeeping= applies to housekeeping maintenance in commercial lodging establishment like hotels, resorts, inns and apartelle. Domestic housekeeping= refers to housekeeping maintenance in a house. It covers bedrooms, kitchen, dining, receiving area, grounds and the surrounding areas within the house.
What are household responsibilities?
Household Chores Appropriate for Adolescents of Any Age
- Putting away their belongings.
- Doing the laundry.
- Folding and putting away clean clothes.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, dusting.
- Setting the table.
- Clearing the table.
- Washing and putting away the dishes.
- Feeding, walking family pets; cleaning birdcages and litter boxes.
What are the areas of housekeeping?
The housekeeping department is responsible to keep the following areas clean and tidy.
- Guest Rooms.
- Guest Bathrooms.
- Public Areas such as Lobby and Lifts.
- Banquets and Conference Halls.
- Parking Area.
- Sales and Admin Offices.
What is household services all about?
The latter refer to special goods and services involving love, affection, consortium and special companionship. Household services refer to such activities as doing dishes, cleaning a house, child rearing activities, maintaining lawns, making repairs to household appliances and so forth .
Is a house a good or service?
One of the most basic ideas in economics is goods and services. More than anything else, money is spent on goods and services. The basic difference is that a good is something you can hold in your hand (unless it’s something big, like a car or a house).
Why do people consume goods and services?
We consume in order to communicate. The products we consume are often of symbolic importance to us, e.g. buying organic produce symbolises our quest for a better world. Consumption can serve to demarcate our position in society, giving us a certain degree of social importance.
What are the different personal protective equipment used in household services?
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gloves (work gloves, latex, nitrile, chemical-specific)
- Safety glasses, goggles.
- Face shields.
- Sleeve protectors.
- Slip-resistant shoes.
What are the cleaning materials and their uses?
There are basic specialised cleaning products, which should be in your cleaning cupboard, as they are likely to solve most of your cleaning issues:
- Toilet cleaner.
- Bathroom cleaner.
- Anti-bacterial cleaner.
- Window Cleaner.
- Floor cleaner.
- Laundry detergent.
- Fabric softener.
What are the competencies of household services?
It cover 3 common competencies in Household Services that a Grade 7/Grade 8 Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) students like you ought to possess, namely: 1) Use and maintenance of cleaning tools/equipment; 2) Practice occupational health and safety procedures; 3) Maintain an effective relationship with clients/
What is the most dangerous household item?
Here’s a list of common household items that truly put you and your health at risk.
- Non-Stick Cookware.
- Flea and Tick Products.
- Air Fresheners.
- Oven Cleaner.
- Furniture Polish and Stain.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
- Gas Space Heaters.
What is a common household base?
Common household chemical bases include ammonia, baking soda and lye.
What is a good household disinfectant?
Household disinfectants tested were Clorox, ethanol, Mr. Clean Ultra, Lysol Disinfectant Spray, and Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner. Vinegar and baking soda were the natural products tested. All of the hospital and household disinfectants were highly effective against the tested bacteria.
What are the 10 desirable traits of a household worker?
DESIRABLE TRAITS OF A HOUSEHOLD WORKER
- Loyal. Follows clientele’s rules, regulations, policies, procedure, etc.
What is household service worker?
Employees hired to work at specific tasks within a household including child care, cleaning, meal planning, and household administration. There is often more demand for employees than there are workers to fill job vacancies. Pay rates are usually low and benefits are few but employment terms vary between employers.
What is the most ethical responsibility of a household worker?
Household workers should treat colleagues with respect and should represent accurately and fairly the qualifications, views, and obligations of colleagues. They should cooperate with household work colleagues when such cooperation serves the well being of clients.