I To my knowledge there are 5 sources for credible and reasonably accurate history.
- Books written by the court scribes and other records (obviously).
- Legends and folklore.
- Archaeological findings.
- Paintings and drawings.
- Anthropology and sociology can also help in understanding history.
What are the 5 sources of history? – Quora
https://www.quora.com › What-are-the-5-sources-of-history
What are the types of sources of history?
There are two main types of historical sources: primary sources and secondary sources. A primary source is something that originates from the past.
What are the three sources of history?
Three Types of Resources
Primary sources are original materials on which other research is based, including: original written works – poems, diaries, court records, interviews, surveys, and original research/fieldwork, and.
What is written source of history?
Written sources. If you asked people to give you example of a historical record or primary source, most would people would probably mention some kind of written source. They might say official reports, files, court documents, financial papers, newspapers, old family papers or official files.
What are main sources of history?
History: Primary & Secondary Sources
- Primary sources include documents or artifacts created by a witness to or participant in an event.
- Primary sources may include diaries, letters, interviews, oral histories, photographs, newspaper articles, government documents, poems, novels, plays, and music.
What are 3 examples of a primary source?
Some examples of primary source formats include:
- archives and manuscript material.
- photographs, audio recordings, video recordings, films.
- journals, letters and diaries.
- published books, newspapers and magazine clippings published at the time.
- government publications.
- oral histories.
What are the main sources of history?
In the history of ideas or intellectual history, the main primary sources are books, essays and letters written by intellectuals; these intellectuals may include historians, whose books and essays are therefore considered primary sources for the intellectual historian, though they are secondary sources in their own
Who is father of history?